Hydro Scotford Inc., located just outside of Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta, is a full service pump repair, fabrication and machining services company. Hydro Scotford is ISO 9001:2015 certified, with a 40,000 sq. ft. pump repair facility dedicated to the service and repair of industrial pump users across Canada and part of North America. Our skilled Tradesmen and Technical staff offer industry leading expertise.
The Coordinator’s primary responsibility is to act as the job/project manager for equipment repairs sent to Hydro Scotford. Their ownership of each job from beginning to end will ensure that each contract is on schedule and on budget. Their ability to manage several jobs and schedules and communicate with both internal and external resources/team members will be key to their success. They will present themselves in a professional manor in all activities as they will on occasion liaise with the customers and therefore represent Hydro. Experience with rotating equipment, pumps, machine shops and project management is considered an asset.
Roles and responsibilities:
- The coordinator will be the primary internal contact for the jobs assigned to them. All communication from internal resources, sales, vendors/sub-contractors and customers will be directed through them.
- They will act as the single point of contact, limiting side conversations specific to jobs assigned to them.
- Provide millwrights with inspection documents to record as found dimensions
- Collect data and photographs from inspection.
- Complete the as found inspection report with photographs and as found dimensions. They will be responsible for creating the final inspection document which will be used in the repair proposal submitted to the customer. This will include the detailed scope provided by engineering.
- With the input of the millwrights and inspection documents, the coordinator will be responsible for the creation of electronic shortages and BOM’s to be used in the estimate.
- The shortage and BOM will act as a scheduling tool for the coordinator after award.
- The coordinator will provide the rough estimate for review by the pump shop manager. This will include collection of costs (internal and external) associated to complete the scope defined by engineering.
- Responsible for gathering technical information for procurement when necessary and estimates from vendors/subcontractors.
- The coordinator will be responsible for the scheduling of jobs assigned to them, and managing the jobs so that they are on time and on budget.
- Advise supervision, upper management and /or sales staff of potential problems, which might interrupt production and impact achieving monthly sales quotas or on time deliveries.
- Distribution of route sheets to resources and ensuring that critical information is relayed to the resources.
What we require:
- MET, Mechanical Engineer, or related education
- Experience with rotating equipment, pumps, machine shops, welding and fabrication, project management, documentation control and personnel management.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Solid understanding of machining and metal working process’. Previous experience as a machinist or millwright would be an asset.
- Strong Business Acumen.
- Experience working with Microsoft project or other project management software.
- Drafting experience is a bonus.
Typical office schedule is Monday through Friday, 8 hours per day, but this role may be required to work additional hours to support business operations
Must have reliable transportation to get to and from work on time for each shift